The Magic Bank Account
Imagine that you won the following prize in a contest:
Each morning your bank would deposit £86,400 in your private account for you to spend.
However there were some rules:
1. Everything that you didn’t spend during each day would be taken away from you.
2. You can’t transfer money into another account, you can only spend it.
4. Each morning when you wake up, the bank puts another £86,400 in your account.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time. It can simply say ‘game over’ and close the account and you won’t get a new one.
What Would You Do?
You would buy anything and everything you wanted. Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don’t know, because you couldn’t possibly spend it all on yourself.
You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning.
Actually, this game is real, each of us is already a winner of this prize and we just can’t seem to see it.
The prize is time.
1. Each morning we wake to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is not credited to us.
3. What we haven’t used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time without warning.
So, what will you do with your 86,400 seconds?
Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in pounds.
Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.
So take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!
Here’s wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day. Start spending.